Jose Ramirez and Josh Taylor weighed in Friday afternoon, both coming in under the weight limit at 139.6 pounds each. The fight is now officially set, with Jose Ramirez’ WBC and WBO and Josh Taylor’s IBF and WBA belts at stake (Saturday, May 22, 8 pm ET, ESPN and ESPN+).
There were no major fireworks on the stage, although both men jawed at one another before being separated by Ben Davison.
A little after the weigh-in, Josh Taylor approached Jose Ramirez by the elevators and got in his face before giving him a little shove. Much pushing and yelling ensued, and just like that, everyone forgot about the Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence fight announcement.
Earlier during the weigh-in, a very drained-looking Jose Zepeda had to make use of the towel but still narrowly missing the 140-pound limit by 0.2 pounds, before making it successfully an hour later.
- Jose Ramirez 139.6 vs Josh Taylor 139.6
- Jose Zepeda 140 vs Hank Lundy 139
- Elvis Rodriguez 139.8 vs Kenneth Sims Jr 139.8
- Louie Coria 127.5 vs Jose Enrique Vivas 127.4
- Andres Cortes 132.2 vs Eduardo Garza 132.5
- Robeisy Ramirez 126.6 vs Ryan Lee Allen 125.4
- Raymond Muratalla 137 vs Jose Gallegos 139.6
- Javier Martinez 162.5 vs Calvin Metcalf 160.4